We are committed to ensuring all our learners are in a safe and secure environment. We have a dedicated team of staff you can contact at any time.
To ensure all our students are safe we:
- Practice safe staff recruitment and check the suitability of staff and volunteers that work with students.
- Raise awareness of child protection, vulnerable adults and safeguarding through staff training sessions.
- Implement policies and procedures for identifying and reporting cases, or suspected cases, of abuse against a young person or vulnerable adult.
- Support young students or vulnerable adults who have been subjected to abuse.
- Listen to and support our students to ensure their learning environment is safe and welcoming.
If you have any concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact a staff member listed below:
College Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSL):
Vice Principal Student Experience (DSL): Kishan Pithia
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead: Salma Asokomhe
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead: Reaz Rahman
New national website to support families in spotting early signs of radicalisation and extremism https://actearly.uk/
If you’re under 18 and a nude image or video of you has been shared online, you can report it and to be removed from the internet. Visit childline.org.uk
BSix Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
BSix Sixth Form College is participating in a project with the London Metropolitan Police called Operation Encompass. This is a national initiative that helps to safeguard children/young people who may have been exposed to domestic abuse.