Sports & Employability Hub
Student Sport & Activities Officer
Location: Various Locations around London – England – UK
Type: Part Time
Contract Type: 0 Contract hours (1-year fixed term)
Hours: 2 min hrs per week (Some evening and weekend work may be required)
Salary: Up to £400 over a 20-week period
Reporting to: Head of Sport & Leisure Services
BSix College is looking for Student Sport & Activities Officers to help us increase and retain participation in sport across all our external venues across London – in turn, building better social cohesion and improving health, fitness, and wellbeing. One of our key aims is to have sport and fitness available and accessible to all our student cohort.
You’ll be doing everything from working with local sports clubs, youth organisations and schools to get more young people into sport and support our sport development plans.
No experience is required, as all training will be provided.
Although working as part of a wider team, you will be expected to manage yourself and your own workload and will be self-sufficient.
In return, we offer a range of benefits that include:
- A Level 1 Award in Leadership in Sport and Physical Activity
- A £300 Jack Petchey Voucher
- Sports uniform provided free of charge
- Emergency 1st Aid & Safeguarding training
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact the Head of Sports & Leisure Services (Stevland Angus):
Phone Number: 07909 850 350
WhatsApp: 07909 850 350
Closing Date: This position is now closed
This unique and exclusive programme will allow you to gain vital work experience and qualifications within the sporting industry.
Lasting 20 weeks, you will have the opportunity to gain many practical and administrative skills alongside gaining accredited industry qualifications.
You will be offsite every week working with professionals within their field and will have the opportunity to gain permanent employment for any suitable candidates.
Each phase will last 4 weeks where you will be attending the following organisations.
- National Citizens Service – Public Speaking & Presentation Skills, Team Building, CV & Interviews + Time Management & Escape Room, Soft Skills + future of work, and Money management
PHASE 2 – NLP SESSIONS
- KSquared London
PHASE 3 – GRASSROOTS COACHING
- Neuro Pathway FC
- Badu Sports
- Tower Hamlets FC
- Westward Boys FC
PHASE 4 – PROFESSIONAL INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
- West Ham United Foundation – Administration
- BADU Sports – Social media content, Project write ups or capturing and editing content
- London School of Basketball – Sports Event Coordinator/Management, Sports Media (Photography & Film), Social Media, Assistant Table Officiating, Sports administration/IT, Customer service (sports focused)
- Sports & Life Skills CIC – Teaching Assistant/Support, Promotion/Marketing, Social Media Editing
- Neuro Pathway FC – Sports Journalism, Content Creators
- London Met University Sports Clinic – Assisting the Sports Therapists
- Various Primary/Secondary Schools – Assisting with PE lessons
- Access 2 Sports – Level 1 Award in Leadership in Sport and Physical Activity Course
- The Football Association – FA Playmaker, FA Safeguarding, FA Referee and Talent ID.
Then join our BSix Sports Ambassadors programme that is designed to build the leadership skills of young people, and as a result empower them to take on the following roles:
- Be the student voice for all college sport and in the community.
- Promote the positive values of sport.
- Be a role model and champion for college sport.
- Increase participation opportunities and healthy lifestyles for everyone.
This is open to ALL students, and you will be able to apply at the beginning of each new academic year.
What qualities do I need to become a BSix Sports Ambassador?
- Must be approachable and have a good relationship with your peers and staff members.
- A positive role model and a good attitude towards learning and playing sports.
- Be a good team member.
- Able to engage and inspire others.
- Must be organised and be a good timekeeper.
What will I be expected to do as a BSix Sports Ambassador?
- Help promote all physical activity and sports within the college
- Wear a special sports ambassador T-shirt so you can be recognised around the college during events
- Organise intermural competitions within college
- Work with the Head of Sport & Leisure Services and other teachers to help with lunchtime activities and manage equipment
- Help encourage others to become involved in sports/ competitions
- Have a role in induction assemblies, events, student interviews, and taster days. For example, this might be by distributing certificates, or announcing winners to competitions etc.
- Work alongside the Head of Sport & Leisure Services and other class teachers to organise sporting events.